View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Beginning of the End for the Defender?

The Land Rover Defender is 29 years old. It was way back in 1983, when the Falklands War had only just stopped being a current event, the Austin Maestro was cutting edge, Miami Vice set fashion trends and KC and the Sunshine Band were in the charts that Land Rover launched the One Ten (as the first model was called) and the vehicle sitting in Land Rover showrooms is pretty much the same vehicle. Actually, sod pedantry, it bloody well is the same vehicle. The Defender and its associates havenít ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. LRO Show 2012

Today I went to the LRO Show at the East of England Showground in Peterborough. Here are my thoughts:

http://www.balloon-fish.co.uk/?p=270

Enjoy.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety

The plan was to copy/paste any Land Rover content from my new website over to here. Predictably it's too long and has too many pictures. If you want to read 3,500 words comparing the Series IIA against a Ninety CSW then please go here:

http://www.balloon-fish.co.uk/?p=78

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. On The Move

I'M NOT GOING TO PRATTLE ON ABOUT BRITISH LEYLAND CARS ANYMORE!

Well, I am. It's just that I've made my own website so I can do it in peace without getting in the way of the good folks on LRUK.

This is something I've been toying with for some time (and I've run car-related websites before) but I've really appreciated being able to try out things here on the forum and get a little feedback- ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Seven Engines That Killed The Company Part 3

#2 Rover K-Series

By the end of the 1980s the British motor industry had been very thoroughly shaken up. With the Austin brand ditched Rover was pinning its hopes on the 'R8', a range of small family cars that would be the first product to be released by the new, privatised Rover and the smallest Rover in many decades.

The centrepiece of the new range was a new engine lineup called ...

Updated 13th Jul 2012 at 19:52 by jozg44

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast