View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Dead Tree is Withering

Over my ten years of Land Rover geek-dom I have, inevitably, amassed a very large collection of Land Rover magazines:

Sadly my camera doesn't have a panorama function, otherwise I'd show you the whole collection.

When you're 15 and the Land Rover Bug has just bitten hard you can't drive a Land Rover, you probably can't buy a Land Rover, but you can afford the 3.50 a month to read about them. The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Final Clean

I now declare my Ninety ready for the MOT Man, as soon as I can scare up the funds to tax it and to do the test.

The last job was to clean up the engine bay and the interior so that any MOT tester wouldn't just recoil in horror upon popping the bonnet or plain refuse to get into the thing in the first place due to the interesting mould growths living and fighting on the headlining.

Now, when I say 'engine bay' I generally mean 'engine'. I don't care how clean the inner ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. New Wheels on My (Station) Wagon

This afternoon was very productive. I loaded the 2CV to the gunwhales with the wheels and tyres off the Ninety, the set of four 'as new' wheels I bought on eBay during the lay-up period, and four new inner tubes and took the lot to the local tyre place to have them switched over.

The old rims were known to be rusty, but, whether they were worse than I thought or it's the result of sitting unused outside for 18 months, they were shockingly bad. To the extent that I'm surprised they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Series Three Throwback Ep.3

Finally, we've reached the summer of 2005. 2 years of ownership and this, I reckon, was the highlight. The trip to Malvern meant 200+ miles of road, plus some off-roading, plus some frantic driving too and from the local Sainsbury's and the Series III didn't miss a beat. That summer it came good again on a greenlaning trip, where it only suffered a minor gearbox ailment which was cured by a stripdown in the field (or in the car park of a disused psychiatric hospital- seems symbolic of something). ...

Updated 30th May 2012 at 22:01 by jozg44

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2CV- The Movie

I keep thinking that I shouldn't fill up the servers of a Landy forum with Citroen stuff but I can't help it. And since I seem to talk about 2CVs at every chance on the proper forum there's even less reason why I should hold back on the Blog.

Yesterday the Citroen left me stranded at the side of the road. I suspected that the points needed changing so today, despite it being ridiculously hot, I set to work. I also decided to make full use of my pair of camcorders and filmed myself. ...

Updated 26th May 2012 at 23:02 by jozg44

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast