View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Tales of the unexpected - Part Twenty-Four: Memory Lane part two continued

To continue where we left off, we had rebuilt the 2.25 diesel engine bottom half.

Then we winched the engine and gearbox back into the vehicle with it's rebuilt and repainted bulkhead and chassis:

...and prepared to put the head back on:

Head on, all plumbed apart from the radiator:

Updated 6th May 2012 at 20:44 by alisterg

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Tales of the unexpected - Part Twenty-Four: Memory Lane part two

In my last blog, I told the story of an epic journey in my first ever Land Rover.

As I mentioned, the vehicle was a 1972 Series 3 2.25 Diesel Hardtop.

A few months after my return from our trip, the vehicle failed its MOT on a long list of items, so my friend and I decided to strip and rebuild it.

We had already carried out a comprehensive rebuild of his Series 2, which we had done various things to, including rebuilding a V8 and putting it in in place of the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tales of the unexpected - Part Twenty-Three: Memory Lane part one

In a recent thread about fuel prices, I mentioned that when I was A LOT younger, a friend and I spent three weeks driving my first Land Rover round the top of the UK. Remembering this, I finally dug out the photos, and I've spent some time scanning them from the gloss print originals so that I could show you a few.

Our route was as follows: starting in Derbyshire, we went up the west coast of England and into and around the Lake District, then up into Scotland, up the western side of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Tales of the unexpected - Part Twenty-Two: Dirty Disco Double

On Saturday, I took my mate petrofaclad on a tour of some local lanes.

He recently became the owner of a 50th Anniversary Discovery 300Tdi, and, in his own words, "wanted to get it dirty".

Ha! He should have known better than to ask, given that the last time he came for a bit of off roading I tried to knock him senseless with the roof of my Ninety...

Anyway here is the poor innocent victim, and his (very nice) Disco:

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Let's Go For A Drive - Austin Se7en Mini

From one car that's a symbol of its nation to another. This review is, I feel, going to be slightly superfluous because is there anyone who hasn't driven a Mini of some sort at least once? However this Mini is slightly special in that it's an early one, being built in March 1960 six months after the start of production. It can be considered Genesis for the Mini and in many ways the modern small car.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast