View RSS Feed

Balloon_Fish on LRUK

Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety

Rate this Entry
The plan was to copy/paste any Land Rover content from my new website over to here. Predictably it's too long and has too many pictures. If you want to read 3,500 words comparing the Series IIA against a Ninety CSW then please go here:

http://www.balloon-fish.co.uk/?p=78

Submit "Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety" to Digg Submit "Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety" to del.icio.us Submit "Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety" to StumbleUpon Submit "Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety" to Google Submit "Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety" to Facebook Submit "Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety" to MyYahoo Submit "Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety" to Myspace Submit "Head to Head: Series IIA v. Ninety" to Twitter

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i'm only half way but excellent read up as usual ! theres a slice of me (read as 100%) that wants a bit of bare alloy and steel in my life, the vulcan bomber comment thats exactly the appeal, its all a bit imperial war museum! does it smell like a farmers flat cap in there ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenH
    i'm only half way but excellent read up as usual ! theres a slice of me (read as 100%) that wants a bit of bare alloy and steel in my life, the vulcan bomber comment thats exactly the appeal, its all a bit imperial war museum! does it smell like a farmers flat cap in there ?
    No! That was the one disappointment about the IIA- it didn't smell like an old Land Rover should. It has no real odour at all inside. Driving it you get a whiff of rich exhaust collecting in the back (it only has a tailgate, no 'catflap' top bit) and hot EP90 but with the engine off it lacks that wonderful Old Car Smell.
    Excellent stuff as usual Jack.
    Nice work I'm suprised you never mention the differences in the 4wd system but perhaps the article is not that "geeky"!! A good read though mate, thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahead
    Nice work I'm suprised you never mention the differences in the 4wd system but perhaps the article is not that "geeky"!! A good read though mate, thanks for posting.
    Good point. I mentioned the Ninety's permanent 4WD in passing but didn't really focus on it. I can now deploy a classic journalistic trick and re-hash all this in an 'Off-Road Head to Head' where I get to talk about all the things I missed out in this one!