Thread: ABS,traction control & Decent warning lights

Unhappy ABS,traction control & Decent warning lights

How do I check the gearbox oil on my Discovery 2 TD5's autobox ? Secondly I have a problem with the ABS light which comes on and then the traction control and decent light. I have checked the wheel sensors, replace the brake fluid. But still didn't work. According to the computer printout there was a electrical failure on the shuttle valve switch and the error was reset. After few days the problem was back. My landy is an 2003 model with 75 000 km on the clock.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Re: ABS,traction control & Decent warning lights

If the sensor checks out ok chances are its the wheel bearing - you cant just change the bearing either - its a complete hub assembly ! I got mine cheaper at Foundry 4x4 online - Phone 01495 725544 - they are somewhere in south Wales
    Hope this helps - Scott
    SH*T - HOW DID THAT HAPPEN ???
    Now a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH too !
    2001 Disco 2 TD5 7 seater with everything !Gone but not forgotten !
    1980 88 Lightweight exMOD 24v

Default Re: I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS BUT...

Quote Originally Posted by mhenery View Post
    How do I check the gearbox oil on my Discovery 2 TD5's autobox ? Secondly I have a problem with the ABS light which comes on and then the traction control and decent light. I have checked the wheel sensors, replace the brake fluid. But still didn't work. According to the computer printout there was a electrical failure on the shuttle valve switch and the error was reset. After few days the problem was back. My landy is an 2003 model with 75 000 km on the clock.
    -----------------------------
    I have a 2002 ,td5 ,auto ,disco2.
    Time to time "come" 3 amicos : ABS ,TC ,DECENT WARING.
    I WENT TO A NON LR SERVICE AND DELETED --->NO PROBLEM
    AMICOS COME 2 MONTHS AGAIN AND I CHANGED FRONT LEFT ABS SENSOR.
    TODAY I WENT TO SERVICE TO DELETE WARNING LAMPS. AFTER THE ABS WARNING REMAIN AND AFTER 40-50 KM/H CAR "BRAKES AUTOMATICALY" . I WENT AGAIN SERVICE TEST ANYTHING AND NO PROBLEM. I AM GOING TO HOME AND ALL WARNIGS LAMPS OUT BUT CAR "BRAKE" AND TC WARNING COME...
    I WENT HOUSE WITH 30-40 KM/H.....

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? SOMTHING SERIOUS ???
    PLEASE INFOR ME.
    SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

THANKS

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

I had all these lights on had them reset shuttle valve the only thing to fix it was a new abs modulator part number SW0500040, its basically an updated version of the abs mod, had no lights at all and had oil all over hub and loose bearings still no warning lights had mine done on extended warrenty. it should i have been a recall and lr know it, but it never was
    2003 Td5 ES

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mhenery View Post
    How do I check the gearbox oil on my Discovery 2 TD5's autobox ?
    Gearbox drain/level plug at the front of the gearbox oil pan.

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    June 1999 Disco 4.0 V8 Manual GS on LPG
    email: diesel@easynet.co.uk web: http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk
    V8 Rebuild: http://tinyurl.com/2vee7vz Sunroof: http://tinyurl.com/39d9dfn R380: http://tinyurl.com/32v2r3h
    OBDII Reader: http://tinyurl.com/36r2bv5 LPG Valves http://tinyurl.com/28v943q ABS Mod 19/12/2009 99543Miles
    D1 Image Archive: http://tinyurl.com/2u2sr9d D2 Image Archive: http://tinyurl.com/3x72fd7

Engineer
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johns View Post
    I had all these lights on had them reset shuttle valve the only thing to fix it was a new abs modulator part number SW0500040, its basically an updated version of the abs mod, had no lights at all and had oil all over hub and loose bearings still no warning lights had mine done on extended warrenty. it should i have been a recall and lr know it, but it never was
    Wow that was lucky , isnt the modulator a serious wad of cash ?
    Graham

Discovery II TD5 Auto

• Millennium Edition + Cold Pack
    • AlliSport Intercooler
    • JanSpeed Exhaust
    • EBC Brakes
    • Koni Heavy Track Shocks
    • Pipercross Filter
    • EGR Less

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

yes it is, but there is no need to replace the whole thing, Land Rover now do 2 diff repair kits to fix the ABS issue, if thats what is a fault.

There is also another company called ecu-testing and they will repair your unit for 200 and give you a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty..............better in all respects than a new 1200+ one from land Rover.

Incidently the cheaper repair (shuttle valve switch) kit is only 35 ish and fixes 90% of the problems.

............................. www.discovery2.co.uk ................................

Default Re: ABS,traction control & Decent warning lights.PLEASE ADVISE ME

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Panzer View Post
    yes it is, but there is no need to replace the whole thing, Land Rover now do 2 diff repair kits to fix the ABS issue, if thats what is a fault.

There is also another company called ecu-testing and they will repair your unit for 200 and give you a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty..............better in all respects than a new 1200+ one from land Rover.

Incidently the cheaper repair (shuttle valve switch) kit is only 35 ish and fixes 90% of the problems.
    ===============
    1. I buy 2 -3 years ago a second hand disco 2 ,2002 ,td5 ,auto and they give me only a working Key and nothing else.
    I won in eBay 2 other keys ,one new and one used.
    I went to LR dealer to make 2 copies of original key.
    They tried ,asked , but nothing .they asking me EKA number . I havnt .
    Then they said I have to buy another new key with the same code as mine new one.
    And then they will delete my working key and do working the others 2 new.
    I cant believe them. I ask you they cant from ECU or VIN to find EKA ?
    They cant delete all (2) used keys and reprogemming the 3 (2 used+1new) ? Why to buy one more new and to "destroy" the other 2 used?
    2. Some months ago "visit" me the 3 amicos worning lights [ ABS ,TC ,Descent] .I went in a service[No LR] and delete[mareli tester] lights. No problem for 3-4 months . A month ago again : I replace the front left abs sencor AND TODAY I WENT TO DELETE LIGHTS.
    After it ABS was alone here again and the car after 30-40Km/h [OR IN A TURN]brake alone and serious problem but no TC lights on. I went again but mareli tester dont write any fault AND THE ABS WARNING LIGHT TURNED OF!
    The car in turns brake alone and TC warning light ON. Stop car and TC light turn off. The same after 20-40 km/h or in a turn at 5-10km/h!.
    No ABS or Descent warning lights but car cant move except at 20-30km/h. in straight line.....

Please your help and your comments

Many thanks

dpetro ,Greece
    Sorry for my bad English

Thread Information