Thread: Range Rover Sport VIN/Chassis Number Location

Default Range Rover Sport VIN/Chassis Number Location

Hi,

I'm currently looking at a 2006/2007 model right hand drive Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE that has a suspicious background as part of an insurance investigation. The car in question appears to have had all the chassis number plates tampered with (visible in windscreen and sticker on door are missing). Land Rover informed me the stamped chassis number should be located underneath the carpet in front of the drivers seat but after ripping this up all I could see were wires and heater ducts. I know the car MUST have a stamped chassis number somewhere but the question is where?

I was hoping somebody on here might know as Land Rover seem to be useless! It's so strange as I'd have thought such a thing would be important to know as it would allow people to check cars before they buy them...relying on the visible VIN or sticker on the door is just making it far too easy for the criminals!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael

Default Re: Range Rover Sport VIN/Chassis Number Location

Its stamped onto the chassis, crouch down by the driver side front door and look underneath you will see the VIN Number, something like SALLSAA136A******
    Should also bee seen in the corner of front screen and also theres a chassis number plate under the bonnet. Hope it helps

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

all the locations are shown in the owner's manual, it is in about 5 places over the car
    Just arrived - 2010MY Range Rover Vogue 3.6ltr TDv8, Stornoway Grey/Ivory Hides/Privacy
    Gone but will be missed -Stornoway Grey with Ebony hides Range Rover Sport TDv8 HSE
    Gone - Giverny Green Range Rover Sport SE
    Epsom Green TDi300 Defender 90 County HT with Station wagon windows in the sides
    The Best 4x4'sxFarx2

Engineer
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ticex View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently looking at a 2006/2007 model right hand drive Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE that has a suspicious background as part of an insurance investigation.
    Walk away..

There are other cars out there..
    Other Half to Mrs Dave..
    Financial backer of cakes to Team Kipling

I'm in the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club, Are you?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    Walk away..

There are other cars out there..
    ah yes, but I bet it's 10K cheaper than all the others for sale. Wonder why.......

Dealers can always tell a duff car when they see one as the chassis numbers never match up, also the chassis number is stored in the ECU's of the car and we have had it twice where we have seen ringers in our workshop, customer always leaves in a white police van and goes to the station for questioning. Truth is, if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. Dont get hit where it hurts.
    Land Rover Technician

Essex Area

hi there, if you are trying to buy that car i strongly advice you to walk away! run away!

i hav bought this range rover sport for 18g with 5000 miles on the clock but the missing chassie number caused me so much trouble that i offered the guy who sold it to me to take it back for 13g after like 5 days later but he refused and he had a reason to refuse! these cars must be stolen or after accidnet, so dont even think of buying one.

even range rover garage is refusing to fix it for me, i have no idea what to do with this car.

Thread Information