Thread: Range Rover Seven-Seat Conversion

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Default Range Rover Seven-Seat Conversion

There is a new conversion for the Range Rover - current model and predecessor - providing seats for two more passengers in the rear.

These extra rear-facing seats are suitable for children and for adults up to 5' 6" tall, and when not needed can be folded down into the spare wheel bay, reducing space there by a minimal amount. They're leather-trimmed to match all the Range Rover's colour options.

Marketed by a new company called Range7, the conversion is currently available through 18 different Land Rover centres in England and Wales, from Lancashire and Yorkshire down to Newport and Swansea. The price is £1995 plus VAT, supplied and fitted.

More on www.range7.com.
    Last edited by Newsreader; 22nd Jun 2007 at 00:33.

Registered Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Re: Range Rover Seven-Seat Conversion

...why hasn't this been done in a Rangie before?

Using Awaiting Confirmation toiletduck's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Overfinch have been doing this for quite a few years.
    Probably costs a few more quids, but Mr. Clarkson like this feature when he reviewed the Overfinch Range Rover 550

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Yes, I thought someone must have done it before, but I wasn't sure. Look at that price though! You can get a whole landy for less than that!

We had rear-facing seats in our Volvo estate, and they were great for kids who don't get travel sick - we had to be quick at opening up the rear hatch on more than one occasion . It got hot in the back there too, so we had to put a little fan in.

Registered Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Hayden
    We had rear-facing seats in our Volvo estate, and they were great for kids who don't get travel sick - we had to be quick at opening up the rear hatch on more than one occasion . It got hot in the back there too, so we had to put a little fan in.
    Our current Merc 240 TE has fold up rear facing seats, and the compartment in where the seats come up from holds the multi-changer CD player!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

I had one in a Volvo 940- until somebody pointed out I was carrying my children in the crumple zone....

This is, of course, not true of a ladder frame chassis vehicle!

Series IIa/Defender hybrid with Volvo/Renault 2.4 TDi6 intercooler
    Series III 109 Station Wagon V8
    BMW 320D Touring
    Zafira 2.0 DTi

And in the past: Mini Clubman estate ("Joxer"), Suzuki SC 100 ("Marnie"), Renault 5 GTS, Metro 1.3HLE, Mini 25, Volvo 440 GLT, Volvo 360 GLT ("Hatchback of Notre Dame"), Volvo 940 GL, BMW 525iSE, Series III 88 hardtop (Dulux blue), Discovery V8 ES LPG,
    VW Caravelle 2.5 GL ("The Bus")

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jrtb
    I had one in a Volvo 940- until somebody pointed out I was carrying my children in the crumple zone....
    That did occur to us before we bought the Volvo, but we spoke to a friend who had one (in a 240 - we're oging back a few years here ) He was shunted from behind at speed and the rear section remained completely intact, apart from a damaged bumper. The other car was a write-off

Registered Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Yeah, Volvos back then, were just as rebust as a Landie! Not to sure if they are like that now though...

An example, my dad was driving to work a few years back, in his Volvo 760 Turbo saloon, and at a usual set of crossroads, he slowed down, and the direction he was going went downhill abit. However, his car didn't want to stop. As that morning, it was very cold, he went onto an icy part of the road. So the following equation occured:

Ice on road + Big Heavy Car + Small little car infront = Small little car in a very bad state.

Surprisingly, all the damage was on the Volvo was the grill pushed in slightly, and the lights pushed inwards slightly too, because the car he went into was a Fiesta if I recall correctly, which is nearly half the width of a 7 series volvo!

Using Awaiting Confirmation toiletduck's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Hayden
    Yes, I thought someone must have done it before, but I wasn't sure. Look at that price though! You can get a whole landy for less than that!
    How much did they want for just the seat conversion?
    As im got the impression that you ask what you want and they'll do it, and that you're not stuck to packages (i.e. the 40k RR one )

Gofer/teaperson
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Any news regarding this item? I have now 4 kids, and do not want to change car. Overfinch has a price of GBP 1.500, and BLRS has a set that looks quite cheap at a price of GBP 150.

Does anybody know if there are other sets available, with a price closer to BLRS and a look closer to Overfinch?

Quote Originally Posted by torline View Post
    Any news regarding this item? I have now 4 kids, and do not want to change car. Overfinch has a price of GBP 1.500, and BLRS has a set that looks quite cheap at a price of GBP 150.

Does anybody know if there are other sets available, with a price closer to BLRS and a look closer to Overfinch?

hi there can you tell me who blrs are as im interested in some rear seats my self thanks mike

Thread Information