Page 230 of 230 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230
Results 3,436 to 3,448 of 3448

Thread: What did you do to your Defender today?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Re: What did you do to your Defender today?

Took Wallace in for a new cambelt, and radiator. Phew! that was difficult.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Always go green with envy when I look at your posts Neil , all due to your 4.2 V8 Bliss !!! found a good V8 110 in Paris on Lboncoin for 13k awesome condition for year , guy had so many calls he has decided not to sell it ! surprise, bet it goes on again with an extra 10k attached !!
    90 300 Tdi
    Caterham R400 gone
    VW Golf Gti
    Audi SQ5
    proud member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club

I just changed the oil and replaced the front pads.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DAR400 View Post
    Always go green with envy when I look at your posts Neil , all due to your 4.2 V8 Bliss !!! found a good V8 110 in Paris on Lboncoin for 13k awesome condition for year , guy had so many calls he has decided not to sell it ! surprise, bet it goes on again with an extra 10k attached !!
    You might not be quite so green if you realised that to get to the clutch slave cylinder I had to remove most of the front end of the exhaust system. I know it's my own fault for fitting a non standard exhaust, but it turns a relatively simple 20 minute job into half a day of unfastening rusty exhaust components.

1984 One_Ten CSW with 4.2 V8 Bliss!
    Iyam proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club

previously owned 1981 diesel, 1968 2a, 1994 300Tdi but it was a hardtop

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You might not be quite so green if you realised that to get to the clutch slave cylinder I had to remove most of the front end of the exhaust system. I know it's my own fault for fitting a non standard exhaust, but it turns a relatively simple 20 minute job into half a day of unfastening rusty exhaust components.
    I think I'd put up with that !
    90 300 Tdi
    Caterham R400 gone
    VW Golf Gti
    Audi SQ5

Trainee
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Checked low range still worked while queuing in traffic on the A1 during the week. Fitted some more Silent Coat mats as the seat box additions last week definitely worked. Re-hung the passenger door as the hinge screws had loosened a bit: there was more of a draft than usual.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DAR400 View Post
    Seems like the V8 is still for sale though after a few e-mails the vendor doesn't seem to reply. I think its been posted by his wife and he's playing dumb !(or rather sensible !).
    90 300 Tdi
    Caterham R400 gone
    VW Golf Gti
    Audi SQ5

Brompton Regis, Dulverton, Somerset, United Kingdom
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

I changed my oil. She's on 170k now! I also poked a hole in the bulkhead.
    Hi im Steve, Land rover is a 200tdi defender 90.
    Check out my rebuild thread http://forum.landrovernet.com/showth...-rolling-resto

LandRoverBestZombiekilling4x4xfar

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Not today, yesterday. Finally completed the replacement of clutch master and slave cylinder seals. Nothing whatsoever wrong with the slave when I stripped it, but having got that far, I wasn't going to put it back in without changing the piston and seals. Found an oddity in the master cylinder. For those of you familiar with the internals, the very small sprung collar, which sits inside the nylon cup, had snapped and was in 2 pieces.

1984 One_Ten CSW with 4.2 V8 Bliss!
    Iyam proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club

previously owned 1981 diesel, 1968 2a, 1994 300Tdi but it was a hardtop

Apprentice
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blackfiesta123 View Post
    I also poked a hole in the bulkhead.
    The water has to come out somewhere.

Mechanic
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Bad run of luck with mine lately... latest thing to cause grief is the rain coming in.... literally I have waterfalls above the front doors. Leaking rear roof.. I tried to replace the front door seals and couldn't get the door to close... so fiddled with hinges / shims / striker etc... all failed to allow the door to close... put old seal back on and still can't get drivers door to shut.. ended up undoing bolts to hinges and pressing door into opening - once it latched I locked it and bolted the hinges back up. Now door won't open or close... so climbing in from rear door or passenger side...

Bring on the weekend and enough time to swap the door over to the much better condition spare....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

replaced the hinge pins on the rear safari door, but manage to break off the key in the rear door. amazingly I can open and lock all 3 doors with the stump. New lock time I do feel. Oh also filled up with dino, first fill up since new cambelt, tappets, rad, and intercooler flush,(340 miles) thought it was going nicely, managed to record 32.3mpg. quite chuffed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ordered a bearmach 3 door lock kit, and got the remnants of the broken key out of the rear door lock
    Took about an hour, the lock worked with the stump, and the bit left in the lock, so I took off the latch assembly, then put it in the vice. sods law the lock wouldn't turn then. Anyway eventually it did, so quickly pushed the pin down and drew out the tumbler. then put sellotape around the tumbler to slacken all the pins off, and tapped it upside down and the key slid forward but would not come out because of the sliding sprung cover...Hmmm very fiddly, so in the end I tapped down the outer casing so that the sliding cover was a bit squashed, and then levered it to the side, tapped the unit whilst upside down, and bingo, the key nudged out, and I grabbed it with some tweezers. Then I levered the outer cover up a bit so the sliding lid worked again, put new key in, removed tape and refitted. So I'm back in the game again. . Managed to get another key cut, as my 'spare' was just about to break as well. so now have a good key to last me till I can change them over, as it also fits the fuel filler. I COULD have bought a 5 door kit and used one of the tumblers, but that is assuming the lock filler is the same type of lock. I actually got 2 keys cut, as a precaution. but there is another story...

went down town with the very weak 'spare' key and the fuel filler cap and my usual key shop didn't have any keys to suit, they suggested shop no.2 as opposed to Timpsons, anyway scruffy fat guy waddles out and has a look, ' I cannot guarantee that I will not be breaking the old key, isn't it'. then quickly starts to clamp it up with gusto. Wait says I , how much, 'oh, yes, please, what it is for?'' , A car , said I,, ''Oh yes please , it will be 7.50 isn't it'.. No it blo..y won't says I, and got the key back. So Off to Timspons, 6 ah thats better, 'come back in 20 minutes please, as the key is very broked, I will be giving it my fullest attention'. Ok, so off i toddel, then 20 mins later, sad faced eastern European employee. ' But the key , it is going in the lock fine when it is blank, but when it is cut, it will not be going in, so sorry, I have tried two times. No charge, Ok says I, Oh and can I have one of the miscut keys, maybe I can fettle it. ''Oksy doksy'. So then I remembered a little locksmith shop on the other edge of town, Nice chap, told him the story, showed him the 'Frail key, and the miscut key, hmm says he, a quick buff with the polisher and it worked, so I got him to cut another one, as a spare spare,. So to round it all off i got 2 keys for 3.50. Phew!

Page 230 of 230 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230

Thread Information