Thread: Discovery 3 2007 Model Year On Sale Now With All-new Land Rover Watch Security System

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Default Discovery 3 2007 Model Year On Sale Now With All-new Land Rover Watch Security System

The Land Rover Discovery 3 2007 model year is on sale now, and is the first of the company’s model range to be offered with a state-of-the-art Land Rover Watch stolen vehicle tracking device.

The Discovery 3 2007 comes complete with the following enhancements:

- EU4 emissions compliance achieved across the Discovery 3 TDV6 range, thanks to a small improvement in fuel consumption and a reduction in CO2 emissions by up to 5g/km

- The addition of rear park distance control to the entry level 7 seat TDV6 (GS)

- The option of Tyre Pressure Monitoring System for the first time on the Discovery 3, priced at 385.00

- Introduction of electric power lumbar support to the driver’s seat where ‘memory seats’ are specified

- Introduction of one-touch opening passenger window

- ‘Destination input on the move’ function now available on the navigation system

- Premium navigation system now with the option of hybrid television, capable of receiving both analogue and digital TV signals, priced at 500.00

In addition, the Discovery 3 2007 model year is now available with Land Rover Watch, which, from the 2007 model year, is available across the company’s model range as a cost option from 999.00.

Land Rover Watch is an authorised pan-European stolen vehicle tracking system that achieves Thatcham Category 5 accreditation – the highest standard in the industry. Whilst car crime has fallen in recent years, statistics show an increase in car-jacking and home burglaries to obtain vehicle keys – which means vehicles are now most likely to be stolen using their original keys, and bypassing alarm and immobiliser devices.

Latest figures suggest more than 50%* of stolen cars are not recovered, which highlights the usefulness of tracking systems such as Land Rover Watch. The system is also available with an Automatic Driver Recognition Card that must be present when the vehicle is driven.

Any unauthorised movements of a vehicle are sensed by Land Rover Watch and reported directly to the system’s monitoring service, which then contacts the owner to confirm whether a theft has taken place. If confirmed, tracking starts immediately using GPS and GSM technologies and the police are informed to activate retrieval. The system has its own power source, so will work even if the battery is disconnected.

Currently, only Category 5 accredited systems meet the stringent requirements of the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO)** Policy on Police Response to Security Systems. Land Rover Watch also complies with the advice of The Home Office Scientific Development Branch (HOSDB). As such a Category 5 system like Land Rover Watch helps the police to respond more immediately to a theft. Technical features of the system include remote immobilisation (under Police supervision) and very low quiescent current.

The all-inclusive price of a fitted Category 5 system of 999.00 includes one year’s subscription for pan-European cover and an international SIM card (including roaming across UK domestic networks).

Land Rover Watch is the only stolen vehicle tracking system approved by Land Rover for fitment to Land Rover vehicles. It is available immediately for the 2007 Discovery 3, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover, and will be introduced to the Defender in October and the Freelander 2 from launch.

Discovery 3 2007 model year price and specification details are as follows:

* Source: AA Insurance
    ** ACPO – an independent, professionally led strategic body that leads and co-ordinates the direction and development of the Police service in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
    Last edited by Newsreader; 21st Jun 2007 at 23:26.

Mechanic
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Re: Discovery 3 2007 Model Year On Sale Now With All-new Land Rover Watch Security System

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Hayden View Post
    - The option of Tyre Pressure Monitoring System for the first time on the Discovery 3, priced at 385.00 .
    385!!! i'd still check them myself incase the sensors went wrong! What a load of (wheres that ****** smily gone!?)

Still want one though, with the V8 of course

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Re: Discovery 3 2007 Model Year On Sale Now With All-new Land Rover Watch Security System

You really don't need the V8 - the TDV6 has got soooooooooo much torque - unless of course you want to win the traffic light grand prix
    Steve N - 2008 Disco 3 TDV6 SE Auto in Zermatt Silver

Mechanic
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by qzdcg8 View Post
    You really don't need the V8 - the TDV6 has got soooooooooo much torque - unless of course you want to win the traffic light grand prix
    Of course you dont need a V8 but i love them. The sexy burble & smoothness, they're great

... and of course i'd let someone else buy it new and pick it up for nothing a year later! No doubt you'd have to do 1000's of miles to draw even on the savings you'd make by buying the petrol

I am very impressed with the new disco now i've grown to the looks, couldnt see myself owning either of the new RR's, way too OTT for me.

Supplier of forum Jump Leads Roger Whittle's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

yes, but have you read the spec of the new TDV8 3.8 litre twin turbo diesel? 25 mpg and twice as much torque as my Td5, which is er'so torquey.

Roger.
    Discovery LR3 HSE '56 plate in maroon.
    Series I 1949 80" Project - found to be 'rare' - and I now have a plan!
    My third Td5 Disco Auto 7 '53 plate in Blue. A it of a dog - it has to go and has now gone!
    Another Td5 Disco Auto 7, '51 plate Maroon - tired and tatty - gone.
    Discovery 2 TD5 Auto 7 seat '01 - Gone, and never called me 'Mother'.
    Series lla 109 2.25 (4) Diesel Hardtop '70-'72

Only five countries in the world do not have Scouting as part of their youth culture; The Peoples Republic of China, Cuba, Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic and Myanmar (Burma). Is it possible to trust any nation that does not allow Scouting? Andorra is trying.
    The second member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club (on this forum).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

No date for the TDV8 in the Disco 3 - can only be had in the FFRR or RRS

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

1500 smack er roonies extra for an auto box is a bit steep

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

... possibly, yes.... but IMHO worth every penny! You can't believe how easy a 6 speed auto is to drive

Thread Information