The timing is sorted. I found me a Rover engine specialist! And with a bit of a fiddle here and there, Olivia's Vooma is coming back a little. I looked and looked, but I still couldn't quite figure out how he did the timing. I'll leave that one to the experts for now.
I'm still looking around for parts for the distributor and choke cable, but those should go in within the week.
I topped up the gearbox oil (something in there that I need to look at... more on that another day), and while I was under the truck conditioning my hair with EP90, I started to wonder about hubs and axles and grease. The ride's a bit rougher than it probably should be, and I admit I haven't had a look at those bits since I bought her in August. I guess that's going to be my next learning curve! She came with a grease-gun and oily/greasy stuff in containers, so I'm sorted for equipment on this one.
Meantime the to-do list continues. I've finally got cage nuts and bolts, am cutting out rubber bits for shims, and hopefully this weekend will sort out the doors. At the same time I need to get the rustproofing in the bulkhead sorted out before the hinges go back on.
That's the nice thing about owning a Landy. You never run out of things to do!