Thread: Warning lights on dash

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Warning lights on dash

20 minutes ago, ABS, TC and HDC warning lights popped on. Even after restart wont go away. Going on holiday tomorrow. Any ideas as to problem/remedy/cost?

Disco 2000 MY Td5 manual.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Re: Warning lights on dash

Sorry folks, should have checked the forum for similar probs first before shrieking in terror. Found loads.........worrying.

Diagnostic Expert
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Until you have it put on Testbook for a diagnosis you wont know whats wrong.My suggestion is to jack up each wheel and check the bearings - there should be no play or groaning noises from them.If they are OK I wouldnt worry too, much the system will try to retain any functionality it can.So if say the left front wheel sensor fails the ECU should try to provide ABS on the other 3 wheels,this all depends of course on what caused it to fault.
    You could try braking on gravel or mud to see if it works at all.Worst situation is that you will only have ordinary brakes like old cars ! If the wheels arent falling off I'd sort it after getting back off holiday.
    Cost could be anything from a "bad hair day reset" to horrible.
    Enjoy your holiday,worry about the car when you get back.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Cheers for that. Will prob do the holiday and get on with it. I tend not to rely on ABS, being more a cadence man (Trained on that)
    It also happened a week or so ago, very briefly. Immediately after a very short activation of TC on wet cobbles. All was well after a restart of the ignition. Same situation today. Following a very short (second or so) activation of TC, "ding" alarm followed by the 3 lights but no such luck after restart this time. Dont know if this bit of info provides further insight.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

i had similar problem, and with the testbook it was diagnosed as intermittent erratic signal from one ABS sensor. the testbook reset it, and works fine after that. its been few months since, but i can expect this to happen again.... it's a land rover.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Took to main dealer for peace of mind (Sorry Jon V8.....just had to).
    Anyway......I now have 447 reasons for not wishing to do so again.
    Faulty o/s/r hub. Jeez.

Supplier of forum Jump Leads Roger Whittle's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

I took my Disco in for new brake pads and MOT last Tuesday. The new pads squealed a bit and on Thursday, on my way home from Thurrock, the TC and ABS warning lights came on. I power cycled the system and the lights cleared - for a few more miles. Nearing home, the TC, ABS and HDC warning lights came on and latched.

It turns out my non franchise LR man I am 'trying out' - as reccommended on here - has 'Toolbook' and he checked it out first thing on Friday morning. Three faults had logged (it hasn't been on Toolbook since I've had it) - one I can't remember, one was; 'Compressor Duty Cycle Exceeded', which I'm hoping was from way back when my SL compressor died and 'Erratic (N/S?) ABS sensor'. He reset the errors and it was okay on the way to work, but during braking on the way home - when one of the pads was squealing again - all three lamps came on and latched. I'm pretty sure my bloke will check it out first thing Monday and we'll come to some arrangement then.

I don't know if anyone else has used this place - I certainly got the name from this forum - but its 'James' (I've got the number) in Morden, next to the 'Hankook Garage'. He's Ghanaian and is a really nice guy, a real Landie enthusiast - used to work for Guy Salmon and he has Toolbook. I hasten to add that if I was close enough, I would be a customer of JonV8 if he'd have me. But Morden is a single bus ride for me.

I am hoping it is just a dickey ABS sensor, irritated by the resonant vibration from the squealing brake pad.

Roger.
    Discovery LR3 HSE '56 plate in maroon.
    Series I 1949 80" Project - found to be 'rare' - and I now have a plan!
    My third Td5 Disco Auto 7 '53 plate in Blue. A it of a dog - it has to go and has now gone!
    Another Td5 Disco Auto 7, '51 plate Maroon - tired and tatty - gone.
    Discovery 2 TD5 Auto 7 seat '01 - Gone, and never called me 'Mother'.
    Series lla 109 2.25 (4) Diesel Hardtop '70-'72

Only five countries in the world do not have Scouting as part of their youth culture; The Peoples Republic of China, Cuba, Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic and Myanmar (Burma). Is it possible to trust any nation that does not allow Scouting? Andorra is trying.
    The second member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club (on this forum).

Thread Information