Thread: DIY Bulkhead Removal Bar

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Question DIY Bulkhead Removal Bar

Currently i've raised the seats in the series 2 to get a bit more legroom - i was a bit cramped to say the least . Shame i can't see out now .
    I just started thinking about a bulkhead removal bar and can't seem to see any for sale for a series - just 90's . From what i can see it surely wouldn't be too difficult to make something up from a good bit of box section braced at the corners .
    Has anyone tried this ?.
    Old antique bottles and flagons wanted . If you know where I can find any in old dumps or middens you may have come across , then let the last of the midgie rakers know .

Registered Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Re: DIY Bulkhead Removal Bar

I would think a 90's would fit as internally the tub width is the same, isn't it?

Apprentice
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

I'd go with Rich on this, I think there is so little difference between the front of a 90 & a series tub that the 90 bhr bar will do a series.
    Steve.
    Was a 71 SIIa,
    now between LRs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Thanks guys , i did read that the mud plug one could be made to fit but not the one from protection and performance .
    They are about 100 pound new and i was thinking if i need to modify it i might as well make my own . I'll have a wee look but as i've got a roll cage inside it gives me another option to brace against that .
    Thanks, gordon .
    Old antique bottles and flagons wanted . If you know where I can find any in old dumps or middens you may have come across , then let the last of the midgie rakers know .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

The Mudstuff.co.uk product will fit any LR.

The Protection and Performance type (similar to LR's own factory fit 90SW unit) will only fit a Defenders and 109 utility, and needs fitting of Defender seat belt inertia reel brackets and a little fettling of the top feet on the removal bar's vertical posts. It does fit, though, and I am imensely pleased with the result.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Save yourself a lot of hassle and get one of the bars that went behind the front seats of the five door station wagons.

It'll also help keep your seats upright and should be near free from a breakers yard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't forget to visit the LRUK SHOP

Are you in the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Thanks very much gents , it seems there are a few ways to skin a cat .
    I'll check out your thread snagger on the rebuild and see if there are any pics - i'm that stingy i'd rather spend 4 days making one .
    Bvudzvichena - thanks also for that pic - i'm thinking i could maybe find one of them - or now that i know what is roughly required make one up . What's in that can with the hose in it ? Do you not get your beer in tins or bottles over there ?.
    Thanks , gordon .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rage Rover View Post
    Bvudzvichena - thanks also for that pic - i'm thinking i could maybe find one of them - or now that i know what is roughly required make one up . What's in that can with the hose in it ? Do you not get your beer in tins or bottles over there ?.
    60l water tank mate.

But, Marc Lurie can explain how to fill one with Captain Morgan Rum

We get both bottles and cans of beer here. Then to confuse foreigners, we get a thing called "opaque beer" that's sold in cardboard boxes similar to milk boxes
    Don't forget to visit the LRUK SHOP

Are you in the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rage Rover View Post
    Thanks very much gents , it seems there are a few ways to skin a cat .
    I'll check out your thread snagger on the rebuild and see if there are any pics - i'm that stingy i'd rather spend 4 days making one .
    Thanks , gordon .
    Here's a relevant link: http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk/2006...rsing-sensors/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bvudzichena View Post
    60l water tank mate.

But, Marc Lurie can explain how to fill one with Captain Morgan Rum

We get both bottles and cans of beer here. Then to confuse foreigners, we get a thing called "opaque beer" that's sold in cardboard boxes similar to milk boxes
    Think they'll need to start selling that opaque beer in cartons here - the ritual of crushing the empty can of beer against your head is starting to cause a bit of pain the next morning .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Snagger View Post
    Thanks very much nick - i was on your site last night but couldnt find any pics - doh !.
    I did manage to go through your rebuild thread and found the relevant pictures which were worth a thousand words . I have a roll cage in the back and i'm starting to wonder if a) i can brace against the feet of it which go onto the chasis and b) if moving the seats back is going to put my noggin a bit too close to solid metal work . The wife will have a nice diagonal right behind her napper .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

If you can make up some brackets which clamp around the roll cage uprights and secure to the galvanised capping (as close to the door as possible), then this should be more than sufficient. The bulkhead or bar do little more than prevent the sides from flexing, which such brackets would do fine. I wouldn't advise any sort of bracket that required drilling into the roll cage for fear of weakening it - only a clamp around it.

Thread Information